Stay safe, protecting yourself and your beloved. Do not put lives at risk and protect our NHS!
We would like to reassure you we are taking all the precautions to protect both our staff and our loyal customers according to the UK.GOV Regulations and Visit Scotland. Please find all the latest updates at the following links.
GOV.UK – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
VisitScotland – https://www.visitscotland.com/
What hygiene precautions are required?
Basic hygiene precautions are essential. To prevent spreading any type of infection it’s important to:
- Wash your hands regularly using an alcohol-based hand detergent and apply hand sanitiser
- Avoid sharing food, drink and utensils
- Regularly clean surfaces with disinfectant
- Cough or sneeze in your bent elbow – not your hands!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Limit social gatherings and time spent in crowded places
- Avoid close contact with someone who is sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Extra controls for the hospitality industry
For hostels, hotels, schools, colleges and universities – and any workplaces where there have been any associated travel by staff and customers – the following enhanced infection control procedures are recommended, as applicable:
- Regular hand washing by all Staff followed by use of Alcohol Hand Gel. Disposable gel will be available in each floor at the property.
- Encouraging hygienic practice of covering mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, ideally with paper tissues which are immediately disposed of. Tissues dispensers will be available in each room and each floor.
- Availability of Alcohol Hand Gel in Public Areas (e.g reception, breakfast area and at the corridors in each level) and Toilets.
- Enhanced disinfection (increased frequency of cleaning) of all hand contact points throughout the property (including door handles / door touch plates, wash basin taps, toilet flushes, light switches, etc), ensuring the correct contact time for the chemical in use is applied.
- It is still not known how long the COVID-19 virus survives on surfaces, although preliminary information suggests the virus may survive a few hours. Simple disinfectants can kill the virus making it no longer possible to infect people. A disinfection frequency of every 2 hours is therefore recommended.
- When carrying our bedroom / bathroom housekeeping, touch point disinfection is recommended to be carried out first before commencing any other tasks.
- Breakfast service is available as Room Service until further notice. Our full menu is available, and it will be served in the rooms.
- Standard precautions when handling any clinical waste from bedrooms, which must be placed in leak-proof clinical waste bags or bins and disposed of safely.
- Face and hand protections are mandatory, and available for use.
- Ensure linen laundered on-site is washed at the appropriate high temperature cycle. Any soiled bedding must be safely and promptly contained for safe removal from site.
We will keep you updated regularly.
Stay safe, safe lives![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]