Within the vicinity of Castle View Guest House there is a vast variety of international Edinburgh restaurants and bars. Please refer to the Edinburgh Food Guide for full reviews, but here you find a selection of our favourite central Edinburgh restaurants and bars.
Recommended Edinburgh Restaurants and Bars
- WILDFIRE | 192 Rose Street | T: 0131 225 3636 | www.wildfirerestaurant.co.uk Small family run restaurant which offers quality and freshness, always using the best of local food.
- THE DOME | 14 George Street | T: 0131 624 8624 | www.thedomeedinburgh.com Impeccable service, sumptuous surroundings. The food blends the best of Scottish ingredients with the flavours of Europe and the Orient. Great for lunch or dinner and for leisurely Sunday brunch.
- THE WITCHERY (BY THE CASTLE) | 352 Castle Hill | T: 0131 225 5613 | www.thewitchery.com Once the very centre of witchcraft in the old town, its historic dining rooms offer a fresh and imaginative style of Scottish cuisine.
- THE SHEEP HEID | 43-45 The Causeway | T: 0131 661 7974 | www.thesheepheidedinburgh.co.uk Serving Scottish pub food and real ale for over 600 years, with a similarly veteran skittle alley.
- THE BAILIE | 2-4 St Stephen Street | T: 0131 225 4673 | www.thebailiebar.co.uk Atmospheric basement pub with traditional decor, real ale, classic pub menu and live folk sessions in the beautiful Stockbridge area.
- DEACON BRODIE TAVERN | 435 Lawnmarket | T: 0131 225 6531 Tavern with a rich history and mixed clientele serving hearty classic British dishes and cask ales.
- HANDERSON | 94 Hanover Street | T: 0131 225 2131 | www.hendersonsofedinburgh.co.uk Established vegetarian & vegan cafe with over a dozen fresh salads, soups and contemporary art displays in the heart of the New Town.
- LA FAVORITA | 325-331 Leith Walk | T: 0131 554 2430 | www.vittoriagroup.co.uk Authentic pizzeria serving wood-fired pizzas and pasta with gluten-free options. Delivery available.
- THE GRANARY| 32-34 Shore | T: 0131 166 6005 | www.granaryleith.co.uk Located in the heart of the shore of Leith, The Granary offers the perfect mix of hearty food, quality drinks and live entertainment.
- CAFE ANDALUZ | 77b George Street | T: 0131 220 9980 | www.cafeandaluz.com Elegant Andalucian decor and intimate ambience in a tapas joint with set menus and kids’ options.
- HARD ROCK CAFE | 20 George Street | T: 0131 260 3000 | www.hardrock.com Rock ’n’ roll-themed chain with a high-energy vibe serving burgers & American classics.
- YES SUSHI | 89 Hanover Street | T: 0131 220 1887 | www.yessushi.co.uk Buzzy, cosy restaurant with creative decor serving an all you can eat sushi buffet and hot pot.
- CHAOPHRAYA EDINBURGH | 4th Floor, 33 Castle Street | T: 0131 226 7614 | www.chaophraya.co.uk Creative Thai cuisine in a rooftop eatery with sleek modern looks and glass walls for castle views.
- COPPER BLOSSOM | Basement 107 George St | T: 0131 297 2630 | www.copperblossom.com Combining a chic cocktail bar and an elegant restaurant.
- NOK’S KITCHEN | 8 Gloucester St, Stockbridge | T: 0131 2254804 | www.nokskitchen.co.uk Fantastic Thai Restaurant in the heart of Stockbridge.
- USQUABAE | 2-4 Hope Street | T: 0131 290 2284 | www.usquaebae.co.uk At Usquabae Whisky Bar & Larder they believe excellent drinks should be sipped alongside exceptional cuisine.
Halal Food Options in Edinburgh
- KHUSHI’S | 10 Antigua Street | T: 0131 558 1947 | www.khushis.com Welcome to the first Indian Restaurant to open in Edinburgh in 1947. Family-run curry house with dishes served in a buzzy, lantern-flooded dining room.
- SHEZAN | 25 Union Place | T: 0131 557 5098 | www.shezanedinburgh.com Slick dining room with bold movie-influenced decor, serving Punjabi and other Indian classic dishes.
- BEIRUT RESTAURANT | 24 Nicolson Square | T: 0131 667 9919 | www.beirutrestaurant.co.uk Authentic Middle Eastern menu with set-price lunch option and BYO drinks in colourful surroundings.